quora网友:在我从小长到大的那座城市里,有一家因沙拉而出名的餐厅。每当你提到自己有在那家餐厅吃过后,下一个问题总是“你有吃他们家的沙拉吗?”每次我跟家人去那里吃饭的时候,我的父母总会点道沙拉,然而长篇大论说这里的沙拉怎么怎么好吃,叫我一定要尝一口......
-------------译者:龙腾翻译总管-审核者:龙腾翻译总管------------
When did you first realize you were no longer a child?
什么时候你意识到自己不再是个小孩了?
-------------译者:地山谦风雷益-审核者:龙腾翻译总管------------
Jordan Yates Proud owner of a gently-used family. Not all there but mostly functional. Answered Sep 23
“I'll pay.”
“我来付吧。”
My mom’s jaw grazed the table.
我妈妈吃惊得下巴差点掉到桌子上了。
Two entrees drinks dessert and a tip.
(我付了)两道主菜、饮料和甜点的钱,我(甚至)还给了点小费。
“I'm… shocked. Not that you're being generous but that… you're an adult. You can pay for stuff. Wow.
“我很震惊。不是因为你慷慨付钱,而是因为……你是个成年人了。你能自己付钱了。哇哦!”
“Normally I'd fight you over it and insist on paying but I'm just so surprised.”
“通常我会为了买单和你争执,并且坚持付钱,但这次我真的很惊讶。”
Slipping my card back into my wallet I shrugged.
我把卡放回钱包里,耸了耸肩。
I snagged my purse off the floor and spun my keys lazily around one finger.
我拿起我的钱包,懒洋洋地用一根手指旋转着我的钥匙。
“Ready to go?”
“准备要走了吗?”
Shefali Naidu Answered Sep 30
At a party after the dinner was over people were helping themselves to the desserts.
在一个派对上,晚餐结束后,人们在吃甜点。
Just then I saw a person with a big tray of ice cream cones coming forward.
就在这时,我看到一个人拿着一大盘冰淇淋蛋筒向前走来。
When he came near me I lunged forward for one when the person in sweetest way possible told me
当他走近我时,我扑向前想拿一个,这时他用一种尽可能温柔的声音告诉我说,
“Ma'am this is for the kids. Desserts are kept there for everyone else.”
“太太,这些是给孩子们吃的。那里的甜点是供所有人享用的。”
I smiled and awkwardly put the cone back.
我笑了笑,尴尬地把冰淇淋蛋筒放了回去。
This is when I realised I was no longer a child.
我在这个时候意识到自己不再是个孩子了。
That person later gave an ice cream to a 19 year ‘kid’.
那个人后来甚至拿了个冰淇淋蛋筒给一位19岁的“小朋友”。
I mean come on! I am just 10 years older to her. Not fair.
我的意思是,要不要这样啊!我只比她大十岁。这不公平。
-------------译者:violet201607-审核者:龙腾翻译总管------------
Kaanthi Pandhigunta Full-time nerd casual thinker somewhat angsty teenager Answered Mon
We needed milk.
(有回)我们需要牛奶。
My dad tossed me the keys. We got into the car and I drove to Costco. Easy peasy. I’d done it tons of times before.
老爸把车钥匙扔给我(示意我来开车)。我们坐上了车,然后我开车去好事多商店(Costco)。非常简单的一件差事。这种事我之前做过上万遍了。
We bought the milk. As I was pulling out of the parking lot my dad told me to drive to the line for gas. Okay. We were pretty close to empty.
我们买好了牛奶。当我准备把车开出停车场时,老爸告诉我,让我把车开到加油站加油。好吧。我们的油也快用完了。
I pulled up next to the pump. And neither of us moved.
我把车开到了加油站在加油泵旁边停好。然后我们两个人谁都没有动。
I asked my dad “So are you going to get out?”
我问老爸:”所以你要下车加油吗?”
“No.”
“不”
“…Why not?”
“......为什么?”
“You have the money I gave you right?”
“你有我给你的钱,对吧?”
“Yes…”
“我有.......”
“And you are driving the car?”
"是你在开车吧?”
“Yes…”
“对,是我在开车。”
“Then you get the gas.”
“所以你去加油。”
I had driven tons of times but I’d never gotten gas before. So I got out of the car in a bit of a daze and fumbled with the buttons. After a few yelps and confused stares I managed to fill the tank.
我之前开过上万遍的车了,但我从来没加过油。所以我一脸懵逼地下了车,然后摸索着那些按钮。开始时,我很懵对(那些设备和按钮)大眼瞪小眼,还又喊又叫,最后总算是加满了油。
I got back in my seat handed my dad the receipt and silently drove away painfully aware that the curtains had closed on my childhood.
我回到驾驶位上,把收据交给我爸,默默地把车开走,痛苦地意识到自己不再是一个小孩子了。
-------------译者:violet201607-审核者:龙腾翻译总管------------
Christinalee Houseman (mostly) reformed picky eater upxed Nov 22
When I was growing up there was a restaurant in my city known for its salad. Any time you mentioned that you ate there the next question was always “Did you get the salad?” Whenever I went there with my family my parents would order the salad and go on and on about how good it was and how I should try a bite. I was a very picky eater back in the day so it took quite a bit of nagging to finally get me to give in and of course I found the salad to be disgusting. I vowed never to eat it again.
在我从小长到大的那座城市里,有一家因沙拉而出名的餐厅。每当你提到自己有在那家餐厅吃过后,下一个问题总是“你有吃他们家的沙拉吗?”每次我跟家人去那里吃饭的时候,我的父母总会点道沙拉,然而长篇大论说这里的沙拉怎么怎么好吃,叫我一定要尝一口。我那时候非常挑食,所以他们总是为此唠叨我,直到最后我终于退让了,当然我还是觉得沙拉太恶心了。并发誓我以后绝不会再吃它了。
Fast forward 20-some-odd years later. My husband and I were at the market talking about our anniversary plans. One of the friendly cashiers overheard us right when we mentioned the restaurant we were planning to visit. (You can guess where this is going.) She immediately said “Have you had the salad? It’s soooo amazing!” Rather than diss the salad I just agreed with her. My husband however is from another state and had never eaten at that restaurant. Now he simply had to try that salad since both his beloved wife and the friendly cashier had given it such good reviews. Even confessing that I actually hated the salad did nothing to sway him - he was hell bent on eating it. Rather than continue to disuade him I took solace in the fact that as an actual bona fide grown-up I could order something other than the salad and no one would be there nagging me to try it.
转眼过去了20几年。我的丈夫跟我在市场里聊有关我们结婚纪念日的计划。当我们提到那家我们准备去吃的餐厅时,有个友好亲切的收银员刚好听到了这句。(你可以预料到事情的发展方向了。)她立刻说:“你们吃了沙拉没?那里的沙拉超级无敌好吃!”不想对沙拉展开讨论,所以我只是附和同意她的说法。然而我的丈夫来自另外一个州,他从来没有吃过那家餐厅。现在他只好试试那里的沙拉了,因为他钟爱的妻子还有亲切友好的收银员都对他们家的沙拉评价很高。即使我跟他坦白说我实际上讨厌吃沙拉,这也没有丝毫动摇他的想法——他居然还是一心想吃那家的沙拉。我并没有一直游说他不要吃,且令人欣慰的是我现在是一个真真正正的成年人了,我可以点沙拉以外的东西吃,而且没有人会在一旁唠叨着非要我吃一口沙拉。
-------------译者:龙腾翻译总管-审核者:龙腾翻译总管------------
A few days passed and it was now our anniversary. There we were at our table waiting for the waiter to take our order. He came over and asked “Will we be wanting any salad tonight?” My husband answered yes but before I could order something else the waiter said “Very good! I’ll be right back!” and walked away. He returned shortly after that with a giant salad bowl and two smaller bowls. He must have assumed that my husband was speaking for both of us. He served us the salad and then took the rest of our order. After what seemed an eternity he left and my husband whispered “You don’t have to eat it just give it to me.” I couldn’t bring myself to pass my bowl to him however. I was certain there were other patrons watching me and thinking “Why won’t she eat the salad? Why is she acting like some picky seven-year-old?!” Rather than confirm their suspicions I took a deep breath and ate a small bite.
几天后,我们的结婚纪念日到了。我们在桌前等待服务员帮我们点餐。他走过来问“请问你们今晚想来点沙拉吗?”我丈夫回说好的,然后在我还没来得及点其他菜式的时候,服务员回道,“好的先生!马上为您送到!”然后迅速离开。不久后他拿来了一大碗沙拉和两个小碗。他肯定以为我丈夫是以我们两个人的名义点的餐。他给我们送上沙拉后又帮我们送上了余下的点餐。再好似一个世纪那么久之后他离开了,我的丈夫低声对我说“你不用勉强吃沙拉,直接把它给我就行。”然而我根本做不到把自己的碗递给他。我可以肯定(餐厅里的)其他顾客们都在盯着我看,想着“为什么她不吃沙拉?为什么她表现得像个挑食的七岁小孩一样?”为了消除他们的猜想,我深呼了一口气,然后吃了一小口。
It was fucking delicious. And that’s when I knew the last lingering thread of my childhood self was gone.
结果丫的太好吃了。然后就在那个瞬间我恍然明白,残留在自己身上的那最后一丝童年已经消散。
Broccoli still sucks though.
虽然西兰花还是很难吃就是了。
我们致力于传递世界各地老百姓最真实、最直接、最详尽的对中国的看法
【版权与免责声明】如发现内容存在版权问题,烦请提供相关信息发邮件,
我们将及时沟通与处理。本站内容除非来源注明五毛网,否则均为网友转载,涉及言论、版权与本站无关。
本文仅代表作者观点,不代表本站立场。
本文来自网络,如有侵权及时联系本网站。
Why do most people who have a positive view of China have been to ...
Why do most people who have a positive view of China have been to ...