你收到过的最奇葩的赞美是? [美国媒体]

quora网友:“你想参演下基佬爱情动作片的试镜吗?”多伦多这个城市认为日晒后棕褐色的皮肤很是迷人有魅力。好了我这个人呢,真的从没觉得自己是个很有魅力的人,但这就是我的样子:我是图中那个身穿黑色T恤和牛仔裤的人。或许会有人觉得我长得挺可爱的,但谈不上迷人......


-------------译者:龙腾翻译总管-审核者:龙腾翻译总管------------

What was the weirdest compliment you've ever received?

你收到过的最奇葩的赞美是?


-------------译者:xingxingjie-审核者:willdemon------------

Sourojeet Chakraborty Still experiencing. And writing. upxed Nov 17 
“Would you like to audition for gay porn ?”

“你想参演下基佬爱情动作片的试镜吗?”

Toronto is a city where tanned skin is very attractive. Now me I’ve never considered myself really attractive but here’s what I look like:

多伦多这个城市认为日晒后棕褐色的皮肤很是迷人有魅力。好了我这个人呢,真的从没觉得自己是个很有魅力的人,但这就是我的样子:



I’m the guy with the black tee and jeans. Cute perhaps not attractive.

我是图中那个身穿黑色T恤和牛仔裤的人。或许会有人觉得我长得挺可爱的,但谈不上迷人。

THE INCIDENT:

事情是这样的:

I’m shopping at FreshCo. on Sunday morning and this extremely attractive tall muscular white dude strikes up a conversation with me.

星期天早上,我在FreshCo.(注1)购物,然后一个非常迷人、高大、肌肉发达的白人公子哥突然跟我搭讪。

Guy: “Hey I see you’re picking out a lot of salads. Nice man.”

公子哥:“嘿,帅哥,我看你挑了很多沙拉。”

Me: “Yeah well I didn’t have them when I was a kid so trying to make up for it!”

我:“是啊,我小时候没能吃到,所以现在想(多吃点)弥补一下!“

Guy (laughs): “Do you shop here often ? I’m here often and I’ve never seen you. You’re the kind of guy I definitely would have remembered seeing.”

公子哥(笑了笑):“你经常在这里购物吗?我经常来这里,但我之前从没见过你。你是那种我要是见过了就绝对会过目不忘的人。”

Me: “No I just moved from the UK. It’s been just one week”.

我:“不,我刚从英国搬过来。才(在多伦多待了)一个星期。 ”

Guy: “You’re very attractive man. I’m sure you get sized up by people every day.”

公子哥:“你是个很有魅力的男人。我相信你每天都会受到人们的注目打量。”

Me: “No idea. No one has ever approached me here saying they like me”.

我:“不知道啊。这里从来没有人跟我说他们喜欢我。”

Guy: “Well have you thought of doing something with your attractive looks?”

公子哥:“好吧,那你有没有想过利用一下你那漂亮的外表做点什么呢?“

Me: “I don’t understand. What do you mean?”

我: “我不太明白,你啥意思啊?”

Guy: “I’m a casting director for gay porn. I’ve worked with companies like Redtube Pornhub etc. You could make some great money as a gay pornstar !”

公子哥:“我是个星探,为基佬爱情动作片选角的星探,和红管(Redtube)、黄会(Pornhub)等公司合作过。你可以通过作基佬向色情影星来赚大钱。”

Me: “Thank you but I’d rather not.”

我:“谢谢,但我不想做。”

Guy: “ You could at least audition no? I could make you rich. Can’t hurt man.”

公子哥:“你至少试镜一下嘛?我可以让你变成有钱人。这没有坏处的。”

Me: “Thank you for considering me. But I’m not interested.”

我:“谢谢你看得起我。但我不感兴趣。”

Guy: “You’ve got a really cute butt man. And really nice feet too! A lot of my boys would wanna suck on that.”

公子哥:“你的屁股真的很翘,你的脚也长得很好看!我手上有大把大把的基佬想要痴恋吸吮你的足。”

Me (steadily hurrying towards the nearest exit): “Thanks but no thanks. You have a great day sir!”

我(稳步逃向最近的出口):“谢谢但还是免了吧。再见先生,祝你度过愉快的一天!”

I went home and did some background check. The guy’s a big hotshot casting director in the industry. He’s famous on social media with 200K+ followers.

我回到家里并做了些背景调查发现。那家伙是那个行当里面的一个当红星探。他非常受欢迎很是出名,在社交媒体上有20多万的粉。

The dude lives in Toronto though so I’m not going grocery shopping in that area anytime soon.

因为这个公子哥也住在多伦多,所以我近期内是不会去那个区域的副食超市买东西了。

WEIRDEST COMPLIMENT EVER!

有史以来最奇怪的赞美!
注1:FreshCo是加拿大一家连锁超市品牌。

-------------译者:营养快线-审核者:hht288------------

Ben A. Wise I see I feel I write. Answered Mar 1 2017
This was more than a decade ago before I got married and had kids.

这是十多年前的事了,那时我还没有结婚生子。

I was traveling through Dharamsala in Himachal Pradesh India. Along with some friends I went to a little Japanese restaurant managed by a Tibetan refugee and his Japanese wife.

当时我在印度喜马偕尔邦((位于喜马拉雅山西北角))的达兰萨拉旅行。我和一些朋友一起去了一个由西藏难民和他的日本妻子所经营的一家日式小餐馆。
As soon as I walked in I noticed a very attractive-looking young woman. She was short and somewhat plump and voluptuous and had the the largest most sparkling smile. And her eyes… it was as if something very joyous was constantly dancing in them.

我一走进去,就注意到了一个漂亮迷人的年轻女子。她个子不高,有点丰满,性感撩人,并且带着最灿烂的笑容。她的眼睛…就好像有什么非常快乐的东西在里面不断舞动着。

I felt immediately that I wanted to get to know her better.

我立刻就觉得自己想更多了解她。

As luck had it I found myself sitting across from her in a small café with a view to the slate-covered mountainside the following day. It turned out we had mutual friends and as cups of chai were emptied and the night grew silent we found ourselves alone.

第二天,在一个可以看到铺盖着石板的山坡的小咖啡馆里,我发现自己很是幸运得就坐在她对面。原来我们有共同的朋友,当茶杯渐空,夜声人静的时候,我们才发现(咖啡馆里)就只剩我们了。

We got to talking and we got to liking each other and we got to spending time together.

我们开始交谈,渐渐喜欢上彼此,我们一起度过了一段美好的时光。

A friend who saw us together several days afterward told me that he had also been interested in her but was rejected. He said that there were other suitors who had been spurned.

一个朋友在看到我们在一起几天之后对我说,他对她也很感兴趣,但被她拒绝了。他说她还有其他的追求者,但她都拒绝了。

Why me then?

那么为什么是我呢?

My ego was buoyed up like a bubbly balloon. I thought that I must have had something very special to have attracted her affection.

我的自信心像气球一样膨胀了起来。我想自己身上一定有什么特别的地方吸引住了她。

So one day I asked her.

所以有一天我问她。

“Why do you like me? What is it about me?” And I smiled a shy smile expecting her to say something about my charm or intellect or darkly mysterious beard.

“你为什么喜欢我?我身上有哪点让你喜欢?”我腼腆地笑了笑,希望她能说我有魅力、很聪明或是我那神秘的黑色胡子之类的。

She smiled a large smile and her eyes did that joyous dance and she answered “It’s your teeth!”

她露出一个大大的微笑,她的眼里跳动着欢乐的光彩,她回答道:“因为你的牙齿!”

Flabbergasted I frowned. “What about my teeth?!”

我皱起了眉头,目瞪口呆。“我的牙齿怎么了? !”

Now one thing that you need to understand is that I have some kind of genetic disorder that makes my teeth fairly… non-white. The only time I tried to bleach them at the dentist’s turned out to be a complete disaster. I had these sparkly-white swirls of bleached white surrounded by oceans of off-white yellowness. Not pretty.

现在你需要了解的一件事是因为我有一些遗传性疾病,我的牙齿相当…不白。我唯一一次在牙医那里漂白牙齿的尝试到最后简直是一场灾难。我有了由漂白的白色(牙齿)点缀的一口黄牙。一点也不漂亮。

“They’re so small! I love them!” she gave an excited giggle and touched my incisors with a forefinger. “Absolutely tiny!”

“它们是那么小!我爱它们!”她激动地咯咯笑着,用食指碰了碰我的门牙。“相当小!”

My ego was crushed. The tininess of my teeth is what set me apart from other men. Nice.

我的自信被粉碎了。我微小的牙齿,让我与众不同。真是棒棒哒。

And that was without a doubt the weirdest compliment I have ever received.

毫无疑问,这是我收到过的最奇怪的赞美。

-------------译者:xingxingjie-审核者:hht288------------

Jane Sullivan upxed Mar 26 2017 
My old boyfriend kissed the top of my head and said ‘I love the way your hair smells’. Delighted I asked ‘oh thanks. What does it smell like?’ To which he replied ‘it always smells like lasagne’.

我男友会在亲吻了我的额头后说:"我喜欢你头发的味道。”我很高兴地问:“噢,谢谢!闻起来像什么?”对此他的回答是:“闻起来总是一股千层面的味道。”

Cut to a couple of decades later tucking my 5 year old son in bed at night with a big cuddle. He says ‘hmmmm mummy you smell so nice!’ Me: ‘really darling what of?’. Him: ‘mMMMmmm chicken nuggets AND mayonnaise!’.

时光切换到几十年后,晚上我抱着我5岁的儿子哄他入睡。他说:“嗯,妈妈,你闻起来真香!”我:“真的吗,宝贝。什么味道啊?” 他:“嗯......炸鸡块和蛋黄酱的味道!”

Nikhil Bellarykar Feb 24 2017 
Your son must really love chicken nuggets and mayonnaise.

回复楼上: 你儿子肯定非常喜欢吃炸鸡块和蛋黄酱。

Jane Sullivan Feb 27 2017 
That he does!

回复楼上:他确实很喜欢!

Dimitrios Darios Feb 21 2017 
Hahaha a way to a man's heart is his stomach.

 哈哈哈,要想赢得男人的心先要抓住男人的胃。

Erin Smilkstein MA.Ed. Mathematics & Computer Science University of Michigan upxed Jun 4 2017 
I was in the middle of a vaginal ultrasound. That is where they probe you with this long thing to get a better look at your organs (I was having abdominal issues).

我当时在做阴道超声波的检查中。就是那种他们用一根长长的东西探测进你的身体里,以便更好地观察你的器官(我之前腹部有过问题)。

The tech looks at the image and exclaims “you have a beautiful pancreas!” She calls over another tech to see as I'm laying there with a wand up my hooha. They basked in the glory of my most perfect pancreas.

技术人员看着探测到的图像惊呼道,“你有一个非常漂亮的胰腺!”她喊来另外一个技术人员一起观看,而我则躺在那里身体里还插着根魔棒。 她们沉浸在因看到我那非常完美的胰腺的图像而产生的兴奋之中。

I have yet to upxe my Tinder profile with this information but I can now say that I am literally beautiful on the inside.

我还没有把这件事情更新到我的Tinder账户日志上,但我现在能自豪地说自己的内在真的是很美。

Carolina Herrera lives in Chicago upxed Jul 9 2017
I was coming back from a trip to Mexico pretty tired and shabby looking. I approached the Immigration officer smiled and said officer (a middle-aged man with a serious face) asked for my passport. I handed it and he opened it looked at my picture and then back to me. I blurted out: ‘I was thinner in that picture’. He took his hand to the radio holstered on his shoulder and then pretended to make a call. I was starting to freak out when he said: ‘Calling all agents. Need backup. There’s a woman here who thinks she’s not beautiful’. I laughed. He smiled back and stamped my passport. He made my year!

我当时刚从墨西哥旅行回来,非常疲乏并且相当邋遢。我微笑地走到出入境关员那里,关员(一脸严肃的中年男子)示意要看我的护照。我把护照递给了他,然后他打开护照看了看我的照片,然后又看向我。我脱口而出:“照片里的我比现在瘦。”他用手按住他肩膀上的对讲机,假装联系别人。在我开始紧张害怕的时候,我听到他说:“呼叫所有特勤,我需要支援。这里有个女士认为她自己不漂亮。”我马上笑了出来。他也对我微笑,在我的护照上盖了章后把护照还给了我。我这一年都会记得这件开心事。

Pragya Rathore Apr 24 2017 
People don't realise it but even a small gesture by someone can make the other person so happy. :)

人们没有意识到,即使一个小小的手势也能让他人非常开心。:)

Ahmad Zulizham Mohd Sham Mar 22 2017
Agree that was very sweet of him to say that. It could have gone either creepy or sweet but I'll bet he was truthful and was sweet.

同意,他说的这些话真贴心。不管他是让你觉得惊吓还是贴心,但我敢肯定他是发自内心这么说的,他是个很体贴的人。

-------------译者:营养快线-审核者:roroho------------

Davis Zung Answered Feb 27 2017
“You look like the older brother from big hero 6″
It was from one of the lovely gals in the discord chat and at the time I had no idea what that even meant. I hadn’t seen the movie and didn’t know who this “big brother” character was. I asked “so… is that a good thing?” to which they replied yes.

"你看起来像《超能陆战队》里的那个大哥。"
那是在嘈杂的闲聊中一个可爱的姑娘的声音,当时我根本不知道那是什么意思。我没有看过这部电影,也不知道这个“大哥”是谁。我问,“所以…那是一件好事吗?”她们回答说:“是的。”



Apparently I resemble this character… cool I guess?

显然我长得很像这个角色…我想那还是挺酷的?



Me for comparison

我的照片作为对照

Angel Elms Blogger at Astrophile.quora.com (2017-present) Answered Feb 9 2017
Gentleman walks up to me at the library desk.
“Good morning sir how can I help you today?”

一个绅士朝在图书馆柜台(工作)的我走来。
“早上好,先生,有什么能帮到您的吗?”

“Oh my God” the man stared intently at me mouth agape and there was a few awkward seconds. “Your eyes are so mesmerising I can't remember what I was going to ask you for.”

“噢,天哪!”那人嘴巴张得大大的,目不转睛地盯着我,(然后我们之间有)几秒钟的尴尬。“你的眼睛太迷人了,我不记得我要问你什么了。”

And he walked off.

然后他就离开了。

I didn't know what to say and I was so totally embarrassed.. but obviously it was really nice and it makes me smile to think about especially as I don't receive many compliments!
- Astrophile

我不知道该说些什么,我当时感到非常尴尬.....但诚然这事挺好的,一回想起来就让我很开心,特别是我这个人很少收到赞美!

——天文爱好者
Derek Correy Screwed up ol' teenager upxed Nov 9
“Your eyebrows are perfect. You’d make a really hot girl!”

“你的眉毛很完美。你会成为一个非常性感的辣妹!“

Said by a girl named Elena the first time I met her. I’d never given my eyebrows a second thought up to this point.

在我与一个叫埃琳娜的女孩第一次见面时她就对我这样说。之前我没这么想过我的眉毛。

She tried to backtrack.

随后她试图掩饰自己说过的话。

“You’re a hot guy too but you need boobs to make it totally wow.”

“你也是个帅哥,但你得有胸才能让人赞叹。”

(译注:这是指男人锻炼后的有型胸肌)

She turned bright red.
I burst out laughing.
We became fast friends.

她(的脸)马上变得通红。
我不禁大笑了起来。
我们俩现在成了好朋友。

阅读: